~ RESOURCES ~
POLICY AND APPLICATION
USE OF TOWNSHIP FACILITIES:
BALL FIELD RULES
The Crosby Township Recycling drop off located behind the Crosby Fire Station at 8139 Baughman Road has been suspended due to many factors.
- Residents subscribe directly
with Rumpke for solid waste and recycling services. Rumpke no longer
yard trimmings collection. Residents no longer need to use a
sticker; they can set yard trimmings out with their normal garbage for
- The Township will only collect limbs on the last Saturday of each
month from 8 am–12:00 pm at the Senior Center, 8910 Willey Road.
- The limbs must be 7” or less in diameter.
- The Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District encourages
Crosby Township residents to use one of the three, free
yard trimmings drop-off sites.
- For more information, contact Crosby
Township or 513-738-1440.
IN THE COMMUNITY:
SENIOR CITIZENS: The
Crosby Township Senior Citizens Club meets monthly on the second Tuesday.
They are a busy group with Chair Volleyball leagues, Wii Bowling, Card
Parties, Genealogy Classes and Dinners on the town. Follow the link to the
senior page for more information.
Crosby Township Historical Society meets once a month on the third
Thursday beginning at 7:30pm. Please follow the link to the Historical
Society page to learn more about them.
Crosby Township provides
three parks with playgrounds and picnic areas. The Township Parks are maintained by the Crosby Township Maintenance Department. Pottenger Park is located on New Haven Road in New Baltimore near the intersection of New Haven and First Avenue. This park features a sheltered picnic area, basketball court, and swing set.
The River Road Park is located on River Road just outside New Baltimore near the Blue Rock Road bridge. This park also features a sheltered picnic area with several swings.
The Crosby Township Senior Center is also the site of a children's playground,
ballfield, basketball court and shelter.FRIENDS OF
WHITEWATER SHAKER VILLAGE:
The Whitewater Shaker Village is
one of 24 communal villages founded between 1787 and 1824 by the United
Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing, generally called
"Shakers". It is the only one of four Ohio Shaker villages
retaining most of its original buildings in their original settings. The village is located in Crosby Township. Click
HERE to go to the Home Page of
Crosby Township is the location and the caretakers of three historic
cemeteries. One located in Fernald near the intersection of New Haven Road
and State Route 128, another located in the Shaker settlement area, and the
third located on Atherton Road.
The New Haven Cemetery located on
Oxford Road is located in the Township, but not maintained by the Township.
It is maintained by the New Haven Cemetery Association. Katelynn
Fliehman can be reached at 513.448.7974. If you have any further
questions or concerns, you can contact the Ohio Cemetery Commission at
Crosby Elementary School is located on New
Haven Road. It currently has an enrollment of 350 students. Feel free to
visit the school website at
Crosby Elementary School
WEB LINKS OF INTEREST:
Hamilton County Sheriff's
Hamilton County Park District
Hamilton County Public Health News
Local School District
Fernald Preserve Visitors Center
Friends of Whitewater